Pre-Trip is required by DOT regulation, to ensure vehicle/trailer is in safe operating condition.
**DVIR is required every day before starting normal operation to catch anything before hitting the road***
Performing a proper pre-trip it can save you money, avoid a citation, be safe on the road for you and the general public, & also earn you money!
If you don’t do a pre-trip inspection BEFORE operating the vehicle/trailer and you start your day, it can lead to:
- Breakdown on the road- Estimates time for roadside repairs 60-90 minutes
- Not being able to cover the load you are dispatched on
- Loss of money due to emergency repairs
- Tow, tire repair-man (more expensive for road assistance)
- Possibly Cause an accident
- Save money on citation or chargeback